BC Rugby, the governing body for Rugby Union in British Columbia, today announced the key priorities and initiatives of its new Strategic Plan. The five-year Plan aims to leverage the success of the HSBC Canada Sevens and Canada Women’s Sevens Tournaments and the success of Rugby Sevens and the Canadian Women’s Sevens Team at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games and simply get more British Columbians involved in Rugby.
The six priorities outlined in the new plan include:
- growing participation;
- increasing access to safe places to play;
- developing more BC players to lead National Teams to success;
- improving the Rugby experience for players, coaches and officials;
- providing smart and professional leadership; and
- providing valued service to stakeholders and partners.
These priorities align to BC Rugby’s Purpose to grow, develop and manage the sport of Rugby throughout British Columbia and are framed within the organization’s value commitments of safety, integrity, respect and inclusion for all.
The Plan was created with support from EY and through a collaborative process which included seven community consultations held across the Province, as well as meetings with viaSport, CSI Pacific, the Aboriginal Sport, Recreation and Physical Activity Council, High School Rugby Associations and Rugby Canada. Valuable insights and feedback were obtained through this collaborative process that shaped the final Plan which was approved by the Board of Directors just before the Christmas break.
The BC Rugby 2018-19 Annual Report reflects on year-two progress against the 2017-22 Strategic Plan.
2018-19 Annual Report - Download - (7MB)
2017-18 Annual Report - Download - (15MB)
BC Rugby is annually audited by Rolfe Benson, who are appointed by the Voting Members each year at the preceding Annual General Meeting. The following Audited Financial Statements have been presented and approved by the Voting Members at the Annual General Meeting. Minutes for each Annual General Meeting can be found at bcrugby.com/agm.
BC Rugby operates with an April to March fiscal year.
- BC Rugby Audited Financial Statements 2019/20
- BC Rugby Audited Financial Statements 2018/19
- BC Rugby Audited Financial Statements 2017/18
- BC Rugby Audited Financial Statements 2016/17
- BC Rugby Audited Financial Statements 2015/16
If you have any concerns or questions regarding BC Rugby’s Financial Statements, please contact the appointed Treasurer via email (email@example.com).