When is it happening?
Where is it taking place?
- Trillium Park, Vancouver and John Oliver Park, Delta (see detailed maps below)
Who can play?
- Girls and Boys aged 5-12
- No previous experience required
When do we need to be there?
- The day will run from 10:00am-12:00pm
- We will run the majority of our sessions between 10:30am-11:30am
- You don’t have to stay for the whole 2hrs, just drop in and play some rugby.
What does my child need to wear?
- No special clothing or equipment is needed – we provide belts, balls and field space
- No need for cleats, normal trainers are best (we will be on turf)
- Dress for the conditions – Casual sporting gear is ideal, but it never hurts to have a hat, gloves and jacket nearby
- We are doing every weather dance we know, so hopefully, the sun will shine.
Does my child need any experience?
Not at all, this is an event especially for people who are new to rugby. Many of our member clubs will be playing in adjacent fields, so you and your kids can also watch others who have recently picked up the sport (maybe they’ll be teammates one day).
What about us parents?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Tea and Coffee will be available at both locations to keep you warm and, for those of you interested in chatting to rugby clubs that play in your area, there will be volunteers on hand to help put you in touch with the right people.
Yes…share this with as many friends, family and contacts as you can! The sport of Rugby is one big, happy family and we’re always keen to invite newcomers with open arms.