The BC Rugby Player Subsidy program provides discounts to Player Fees for players that have been selected to BC Rugby representative teams, for both 15s and 7s. The Subsidy program aims to ensure that no player withdraws from a BC Rugby Team due to financial constraints.
Eligibility to apply:
- Players must be named in a BC Rugby squad list for either a 15s or 7s Team that is competing at a national championship or an international tournament or tour
- Players may apply twice in a season for one 15s Team and one 7s Team
- Players must be in good standing and have a clean disciplinary record with BC Rugby
All Player Subsidy applications will be reviewed on their merit, subject to the following criteria:
- Selection to a BC Rugby 15s or 7s Team as a travelling player
- Full completion of the application form
- Accompanying letter from rugby coach or manager, school teacher or counsellor, confirming your financial need and commitment to your rugby pursuits
- Application content – please provide detailed information to support your request
- Application must be submitted prior to the advertised deadline for the player’s team
Any player that breaks the Athlete Agreement, which includes the BC Rugby Code of Conduct, will have their discount revoked and will be charged the full amount.