The Nomination Process
Who can nominate? - Any registered participant, club member or member of the British Columbia Rugby Union may nominate an individual for selection into the British Columbia Rugby Union Hall of Fame.
How long is a nomination valid? - Each nomination will be considered by the Selection Committee for three consecutive years and if the nominee is not inducted during that time a Nomination Form can be re-submitted.
What do I need to make a nomination? - As a minimum, you need to provide a name, email address and phone number for your nominated party, along with a description on why the individual/team should be considered. Don't assume that the Selection Committee knows details about your nominated party, we highly recommend you make this as detailed as possible and provide additional supporting material.
What sort of support material should I include? - Nominations are encouraged to include a variety of supporting material illustrating the contributions a nominated party has made to the sport, such as:
- A comprehensive record of dates and years of involvement with club(s), region, province, and/or national team.
- Number of appearances for British Columbia and or Canada
- For teams, a full list of players with as many contact details (phone/email) as possible
- Details of awards won
- Scanned or original newspaper or magazine clippings
- Links to online articles, photographs, videos etc.
- Letters of endorsement from significant organizations
What's the current deadline for nominations? - Friday, October 18, 2019 at 11:59pm
Nominations shall be considered by the Selection Committee within the following categories:
A nominee shall be considered for selection on the basis of playing ability, sportsmanship and character through the individual’s career. A player will have attained a high level of excellence and brought recognition to rugby in British Columbia. A candidate is not eligible for nomination until five years following the conclusion of active participation at the National level, except in the event whereby the nominee is eligible for immediate consideration.
A nominee shall be considered for selection on the basis of extraordinary achievements during Premier competition in one year only and must have brought recognition to rugby at the provincial level. Either a Sevens team or XVs team may be nominated. A nominee is not eligible for nomination until five years following the year in which it competed.
A nominee shall be considered for selection on the basis of outstanding and lengthy contributions as a coach, referee, manager, administrator, therapist, trainer, supporter or media member. A nominee must have furthered the growth and reputation of rugby in British Columbia by having had a direct influence on the game at the many levels through an ongoing dedication to the development of individuals, teams or rugby itself and in so doing exemplifies the core values of rugby as per World Rugby Core Values. A nominee must have exhibited expertise and commitment, with integrity and character in at least one area over a minimum of ten years and need not be retired from an activity in order to be considered.
- Each nominee must have exhibited a positive influence on the individuals with whom contact was made.
- At all times, the nominee must have brought prominence to rugby in British Columbia and to the British Columbia Rugby Union.
- No nominee will have brought the sport of rugby or the British Columbia Rugby Union into disrepute.
Nominations for the 2020 Hall of Fame induction have closed.
Stay tuned for an announcement about the selected inductees in November.