U18 Women Provincial 15s
BC Rugby U18 Women's training schedule - 2015
ID Camp (Mainland / Okanagan / Cariboo)
Saturday, June 13th:
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Location: 21280 Crush Crescent, Langley.
Coming from West of Langley.
From the 200th street exit of hwy 1 head south. Turn left (east) on 72nd. 72nd turns into crush cres after a slight right turn. At the bottom of the hill on the right is our club. There are signs on crush.
Coming from East of Langley
Exit hwy 1 at 232nd street heading south. Follow this road until you hit glover road. Take a left on glover. Then take a right at crush cres/216th st. Club will be on the left.
ID Camp (Island)
Sunday, June 14th:
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Location: Brentwood College, 2735 Mount Baker Road, Cowichan Valley.
Selection to the Main Camp in July will be determined from the above evaluation days. **Players are also expected to have competed for their regional U18 PRC team prior to competing for the BC U18 team.**
July 15th 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm
July 16th 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
July 17th 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
July 18th 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
July 19th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
What we are looking for:
1. Fit, athletic players. There will be fitness testing to measure position appropriate fitness levels at each camp. The team will endeavor to play wide open, skilled and speed based rugby.
2. Positional flexibility- For example, a player who is a #13 for her high school team may become a flanker at this level.
3. An attitude that defending is everyone’s top priority.
4. Understand the commitment - July 15-19 training camp and final selection and July 30-August- 2 games Vs a Prairie Rep Team (in Kelowna)
5. Check egos at the door - We are not interested in players who engage in any behaviors that erode the ultimate goal of achieving our best TEAM performances.
1. Players need to email our manger, Ashley (email@example.com) by June 10th. Please specify which camp they will attend.
2. We will select a group to attend the training camp in July from these evaluation days. Final selection to the BC team will be done by the end of the July camp.