Get Game Ready! Further develop your core playing skills with BC Rugby’s Game Ready Program.
Designed for any U14 to U19 athletes, BC Rugby’s Game Ready Program focuses on game sense, decision-making skills & refining ball handling through drills, fun activities and controlled, age-appropriate non-contact games.
Delivered by local coaches supported by guest coaches from National and Provincial Teams, BC Rugby’s Game Ready Program focuses on those critical skills to help you become a better player for your Club or School Team.
Use the buttons to view region-specific programs in your area. Unsure which region applies to you? Let us know!
BC Rugby Registration Required
All players need to be registered members of BC Rugby for the 2018-19 season. Cost of membership is not included in program fees.
If a player is not registered with a club, registration can be done through as a Non-Club affiliated Member.
– High School participants are not automatically registered with BC Rugby
For more information on how to register CLICK HERE
Jr. Tide Academy
Evolved from the Game Ready program started by BC Rugby, the Jr. Tide Academy will be running an 8-week program starting in March 2019. This program focuses on decision making, awareness and skill development through games based learning. Led by local coaches and supported by guest coaches from National and Provincial teams, athletes will receive all the skills they need to take their game to the next level.
Connected to BCRU Academy, the Game Ready program is able to provide greater exposure and additional opportunities:
- Overseen by BC Rugby Rugby Development Officer Tony La Carte
- Modified and Conditioned Games for skill development and decision making
- Regional, Provincial and National Level Coaches: Jeff Williams, Nanyak Dala, James Pitblado & Emily Belchos
- Guest visits from National Team Athletes
Where: Westshore RFC - Field 1
Who: Boys and Girls Athletes ages 13-18
When: Friday evenings, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
March: 15, 22, 29
April: 5, 12, 19, 26
Registration - Click Here
Evolved from the Game Ready program started by BC Rugby, the Tsunami Academy will be running an 8-week program starting in April 2019. This program focuses on decision making, awareness and skill development through games based learning.
- To develop quality rugby players with the skills, discipline, knowledge and support required to succeed at Provincial and National level within Representative and International competition.
- To provide Academy players with appropriate life skills to develop into well-rounded individuals with the ability to succeed in life outside of Rugby.
- To develop quality individuals who act as positive role models for the community and the sport of Rugby.
- Guidance from Senior Provincial and National Age Grade Coaches.
- Guidance from a top Strength & Conditioning coach who builds a rugby specific conditioning program for academy athletes to follow in their own locations around the region.
- Two Strength & Conditioning testing sessions, one at the beginning and another at the end of the program.
- Tailored individual video analysis feedback from games. (Video to be provided by players to Academy Director).
- Individual Performance Plan developed with Academy Director, including exit report and recommendations.
Where: Nanaimo Hornets Rugby Club
Who: Boys and Girls Athletes ages 15-19
When: Friday evenings, 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Download Brochure - Click Here
Tsunami Director of Rugby - Simon Fitzgerald email@example.com
NVIRU President - Brock Snobelen firstname.lastname@example.org
May: 3, 10, 24, 31
June: 7, 14, 21
Registration - Click Here
Game Ready - Mainland
The Game Ready Program in the Lower Mainland is currently undergoing redevelopment to create a more effective product for your rugby players in the region. Check back soon for updates.
Game Ready - Interior
The Game Ready Program in the Interior is currently undergoing redevelopment to create a more effective product for your rugby players in the region. Check back soon for updates.
Alternatively, why not take a look at the BC Rugby High Performance Academy. This program operates in the Interior during the fall and is a great opportunity for developing players who wish to target national level performance.