The BC Rugby Player Subsidy program provides discounts to Player Fees for players that have been selected to BC Rugby representative teams, for both 15s and 7s. The Subsidy program aims to ensure that no player withdraws from a BC Rugby Team due to financial constraints.
Eligibility to apply:
- Players must be named in a BC Rugby squad list for either a 15s or 7s Team that is competing at a national championship or an international tournament or tour
- Players may apply twice in a season for one 15s Team and one 7s Team
- Players must be in good standing and have a clean disciplinary record with BC Rugby
All Player Subsidy applications will be reviewed on their merit, subject to the following criteria:
- Selection to a BC Rugby 15s or 7s Team as a travelling player
- Full completion of the application
- Application content
- Application submitted prior to the advertised deadline for the player’s team
Any player that breaks the Athlete Agreement, which includes the BC Rugby Code of Conduct, will have their discount revoked and will be charged the full amount.
Player Subsidy Discounts Available in 2017/18 and Deadlines for Applications
|U19 Men 15s Team – up to $500 per player
||July 6, 2017
|U18 Boys or Girls 15s Team Tour – up to $800 per player
||July 10, 2017
|U17 Boys or Girls 15s Team – up to $400 per player
||July 24, 2017
|U16 Boys or Girls 15s Team – up to $400 per player
||July 24, 2017
Please note – total funding is limited and therefore, depending on the number of applications received, players may receive less than the maximum amount available.
BC Rugby Sevens Teams’ information will be provided closer to the start date of those programs.