Posting Date: Aug 18, 2014
Performance Development Manager – BC Rugby
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen with BC Rugby. The British Columbia Rugby Union, the Provincial Sport Organization responsible for rugby in BC, is seeking a committed and passionate individual to drive the development of High Performance Rugby & Coaching in BC, as outlined in the recently developed strategic plan. This will be a full time position, working closely with provincial and club personnel; the successful candidate will possess exemplary interpersonal and communication skills required to network with coaches athletes, volunteers, staff and the general public.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide leadership in the identification, support and coaching of high performance athletes within the BC Rugby provincial representative pathway
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of age-group club/school rugby athletes and coaches, understanding their strengths and areas for development and ensure this information is transmitted to the BC Rugby Planning, Funding & Reporting process
• Deliver accurate and timely reports to relevant BC Rugby stakeholders, including; viaSport, Own The Podium, Rugby Canada & BC Games Society
• Establish & strengthen relationships with governing agencies, provincial clubs and support agencies, utilising their expertise and resources to assist performance growth
• Work with the clubs and with specialist BC Rugby technical support and the NCCP framework to improve the standard of coaching throughout BC
• Coordinate and facilitate the delivery of regional and provincial representative programs including but not limited to; Provincial Regional Championships, National Festival representative programs
• Deliver IRB/NCCP courses, clinics & workshops to coaches.
• Assist with BC Rugby programs as requested
• Manage budgets relating to High Performance and Coach Development programs accurately
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Significant, documented experience in the delivery of high performance pathway rugby programs
• You have a proven record of personal development and hold a current IRB Level 3 or equivalent NCCP coaching qualification
• An IRB Coach Development Quailification
• Ideally hold an IRB refereeing qualification
• A strong understanding of the Rugby Canada player/coach pathway & Canada’s Sport For Life model
• A strong understanding of the IPS system and reporting process
• Experience in dealing with key Canadian sport stakeholders such as; Rugby Canada, Own The Podium and viaSport.
• You will be committed and able to work regular weekend and evening hours.
• You will be able to communicate effectively and to present a highly professional image when representing BC Rugby; establish positive working relationships with voluntary and professional staff in clubs, schools, colleges and universities and balance a determined application of the role with a sense of fun and enjoyment
• You have a proven record of personal development and hold a current IRB Level 3 or equivalent NCCP coaching qualification, or are working towards these qualifications
• Post-graduate sport-related education is considered an asset
• You can live in Canada, hold a valid Canadian work permit and driver’s license, with reliable transport.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a one page cover letter and resume with salary expectations no later than Friday, September 5th, 2014, to the attention of:
Mr. Jim Dixon, CEO of BC Rugby
No phone calls please! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.