The position is responsible for the planning, preparation and organization of coaching games and practices for the Meraloma Men’s Rugby Section (Premier, First and Third Division teams). The Head Coach will also oversee and promote the development of the Meraloma Rugby Club as a whole, and work with other section coaches (including Women’s, Junior and Mini Rugby).
The successful candidate will be paid an honorarium for the season (to be determined).
The Meraloma Club has a proud rugby tradition and 90 years of history in Vancouver’s Kitsilano neighbourhood.
The ideal candidate should:
• Hold at least a Level One coaching certification (with a preference for Level Two and above), or have relevant playing/coaching experience.
• Communicate effectively with staff and volunteers from all parts of the organisation, as well as with other local coaches and club personnel, and be able to present a professional image when representing Meraloma Rugby.
• Be able to balance a determined application to work, with a sense of fun and enjoyment that is conveyed to others.
• Report to the VP of Rugby, and work with Team Managers, Captains, Rugby Executive Committee, Assistant Coaches, Players, Supporters, Alumni and Sponsors
1. Use coaching skills to develop and enhance skill level of players and overall team success.
2. Instil pride in the Meraloma Club by achieving high team performance at all levels.
3. Work with the VP of Rugby to grow the number of eligible participants in the rugby program.
4. Work with coaching team to help mentor and develop assistant coaches within the club.
Please forward application to:
VP of Meraloma Rugby