Vancouver Island Rugby Union - South Island Jr Tide - Seeks Applications for qualified Junior Boys Rugby Coaches, Managers and Co-ordinator
The Vancouver Island Rugby Union, South Island, Junior Tide, Representative Rugby Program seeks qualified individuals for the following positions for the U18, U16 & U15 men’s XV rugby teams.
- Junior Tide Co-ordinator
- Head Coach U18
- Assistant Coach U18
- Manager U18
- Head Coach U16
- Assistant Coach U16
- Manager U16
- Head Coach U15
- Assistant Coach U15
- Manager U15
2014 Events: June 28 - 29 U15 Men B2Gold PRCs XV’s (UBC's Wolfson Fields)
July 4- 6 U16 & U18 Men B2Gold PRCs XV’s (UBC's Wolfson Fields) Primary Objectives Key Result Areas
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all participants
- To develop successful, representative rugby teams by using your coaching skills, to develop and enhance the rugby skills of those players under your control.
- Successful candidates will be asked to provide a Criminal records check
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience coaching or managing youth/junior age groups at the competitive level.
- Coaches must have completed, at a Minimum the NCCP, “Introduction to Competition” certified or willing to work toward certification.
- Completion of the on-line, Making Ethical Decisions (must be completed prior to the season)
- An understanding of youth skill development at the individual and team level.
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Evidence of Leadership / People Management skills and the ability to work with others
- Desire to achieve a standard of excellence.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a healthy sense of humour.
- To provide a comprehensive player selection plan and policy
- Provide feedback to players on areas of improvement on a regular and timely basis, as well as explain selection decisions
- To provide technical and tactical coaching to individual players as appropriate
- To develop well structured training sessions and provide team progressions in all areas of play
- Provide leadership of the team and team management through effective communication
- Attend all training sessions and games
- Sound Technical & Tactical Knowledge
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Introduce leadership skills to the players
Training and Exhibitions Games TBA, June 9th to July 6th location(s) TBA (training 2-3 times per week TBD). Coaches should be available to prepare and coach these practices and games.
Jr Tide Coaches and Managers will report to the Dir Jr Rugby VIRU, via the South Island Jr Tide Coordinator and the South Island Junior Tide Board of Directors.
The Coach has full control of players at training, game venues
Team Manager has the responsibility for team finances*, registration, setting and collecting fees & dues.
Co-ordinator is responsible for the program direction, ensuring the selection process is in place, kit acquisition, travel arrangements, field booking, overall financials and logistics for the 3 teams
- Meet with relevant VIRU member to plan season, i.e. pre competition activities, trial dates, trainings etc
- Discuss the player selection process with team manager, co-ordinator and Tide Board & VIRU representatives
- Along with the manager, set team standard with respect to dress, behaviour, expectations, sponsor obligations.
Interested, qualified coaches should contact Kenton McNutt at email@example.com
Applicants should submit a rugby CV, brief covering letter (NOTE, Please include First Choice and Second Choice Positions at the top of the cover letter). Please provide 2 or more references and submit on or before the closing date of March 25, 2014
Potential candidates will be contacted within one week of the closing date.