VANCOUVER, BC - BC Rugby today announced the commencement of its Canadian Direct Insurance High Performance Regional Academy Camps starting in 2014. The Camps will run on Saturday mornings from February 1st to May 17th and will provide exclusive opportunities in the following age grades;
· Boys - U14 and U13: Birth years 2000 and 2001, LTAD Phase – Train to train, Developing core skills and values
· Men - U16 and U15: Birth years 1998 and 1999, LTAD Phase – Train to Compete, Enhancing core skills and values
· Women - U18 through to U15: Birth years, 1996 to 1999, LTAD Phases – Train to Train/Compete, Developing core skills and values
The Academy sessions will be offered in the flowing regions:
· Delta (John Oliver Park): serving Delta and Surrey athletes
. *Vancouver (location Braemar Park): serving Vancouver and Richmond athletes
· * North Van/Burnaby (location TBC on Vancouver East/Burnaby/North Vanborder): serving North and West Vancouver and Burnaby athletes
· * Burnaby (location SFU): serving Coquitlam, Port Moody and Burnaby athletes
· * These three regions have been merged into one camp due to low registration
· Abbotsford (location TBC): serving Abbotsford, Langley and Chilliwack athletes--cancelled
· Victoria (location TBC): serving Victoria athletes---cancelled
REGISTRATION FORM (pdf)
Plans are also in place to work to establish Academy centres on North Vancouver Island as well as the Okanagan centres of Kelowna and Kamloops.
Each Academy group will be headed by a BC appointed coach who will be supported by camp staff which will include BC Provincial Coaches, and, when available, National Team players and Rugby Canada Staff.
The cost for the 15 sessions that the Academy provides is $300.00 plus GST. Besides getting exposure to quality coaching, athletes will also be introduced to Rugby Canada Fitness testing protocols as well as receiving personal evaluations and feedback along with a water bottle, rugby ball, t-shirt and track jacket.
Athletes can sign up for the Academy through the BC Rugby Office and by completing the attached registration form.