VANCOUVER, BC - The British Columbia Rugby Union, the Provincial Sport governing body for the sport of rugby in BC, is seeking a Sevens Rugby coach to lead a talented group of young women who will compete at the Las Vegas Sevens Invitational Tournament in 2014. The successful applicant will be knowledgeable about the development of girls and women's rugby and experienced in the skill of coaching Sevens Rugby.
The coach will play a key role in implementing a plan for the BC Rugby Youth Sevens Rugby Pathway. The coach may be expected to be involved in future skill development and talent identification events throughout the year.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL POSTING (pdf)
- Registered Member with BC Rugby
- Excellent coaching skills
- Thorough knowledge of the game of rugby
- Minimum of Trained in the Introduction to Competition Context; Certified is preferred
- Experience coaching youth Sevens Rugby in the Train to Compete Context
- Familiarity with high school girls playing rugby in BC schools and club teams
- Desire to participate in future tournaments, courses, clinics and workshops for athletes and coaches
- RCMP Criminal Record Check
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- IRB Level One Sevens Coaching
- Ability to assist Girls Rugby Development Officer with talent identification and development of Girls Sevens Rugby in BC
- Experienced in measuring outcomes and implementing player / program tracking.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up Trials and Camps as soon as the appointment is made with initial dates for camps as follows:
December 7 - Vancouver Island
December 8 - Vancouver
Please submit applications no later than Monday, October 7th to:
Dave Brown, Provincial Coach and Development Manager, email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.