VANCOUVER - The British Columbia Rugby Union (BC Rugby), the Provincial Sport governing body for the sport of rugby in BC, is seeking a leader for the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia the CEO is responsible for the overall operations, delivery and promotion of rugby in the Province. Reporting to the Board of Directors, through the President, the CEO provides leadership and oversight to ensure BC Rugby meets set priorities. These priorities are linked to the core functions of BC Rugby, including:
• Competitions and Participation: enhance participation and performance levels of rugby in British Columbia, including mini rugby, junior leagues, senior leagues and 7s rugby;
• Representative Rugby: facilitate maximum participation and performance at the regional and provincial representative level while aligning with Sport Canada’s LTAD model;
• Partner Relations collaborate with key stakeholders including corporate sponsors, donors, viaSport, BC Gaming Commission, Canadian Rugby Foundation and all applicable rugby governing bodies (i.e. Rugby Canada, High School Associations, Sub Unions, Referee Society);
• Human Resource Management: lead and plan with office staff, liaise with Board of Directors, communicate regularly with the President of the Board, inspire and lead a large base of volunteers across the Province;
• Event Management: deliver an annualized calendar of events including but not limited to Club Finals, Provincial Regional Championships, Hall of Fame Inductions, Award Ceremonies, Coaching Conference, Mini Jamborees, Summer Camps, etc.;
• Financial Management and Growth: ensure sound financial management aligned with the annual budget, develop a platform and activate a plan to grow financial investment in BC Rugby.
At a minimum, the CEO of BC Rugby will possess the following attributes:
• Experience in a senior leadership role;
• Demonstrated strategic leadership abilities;
• A passion for sport development;
• Experience leading a collaborative team effort;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Full commitment to administrative duties;
• Experience with financial stewardship;
• Documented entrepreneurial aptitude.
The ideal candidate will have an undergrad and/or graduate degree, in a related field.
For those who have the capacity to fulfill the description as outlined above, have an appreciation of the positive culture of team sport and a strong vision for the future, we invite you to submit applications via email including a cover letter and resume no later than Monday, July 8th, 2013, to email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
DOWNLOAD FULL POSTING (PDF)