Vancouver Island Rugby Union - South Island Jr Tide - Seeks Applications for qualified Junior Boys Rugby Coaches
The Vancouver Island Rugby Union, South Island, Junior Tide, Representative Rugby Program seeks qualified individuals for the position of Head Coach for U18, U16 men’s XV rugby and U16/U14 Sevens teams.
July 5-7th U16 & U18
B2Gold PRCs XV’s (UBC's Wolfson Fields)
July 12/13th U14 & U16
BC Sevens (University of Victoria)
Primary Objectives Key Result Areas
• Ensure the safety and welfare of all participants
• To develop successful, representative rugby teams by using your coaching skills, to develop and enhance the rugby skills of those players under your control.
• Successful candidates will be asked to provide a Criminal records check
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Experience coaching youth/junior age groups at the competitive level.
• At a Minimum the NCCP, “Introduction to Competition” certified or willing to work toward certification.
• Completion of the on-line, Making Ethical Decisions (must be completed prior to the season)
• An understanding of youth skill development at the individual and team level.
• Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
• Evidence of Leadership / People Management skills and the ability to work with others
• Desire to achieve a standard of excellence.
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a healthy sense of humour.
• To provide a comprehensive player selection plan and policy
• Provide feedback to players on areas of improvement on a regular and timely basis, as well as explain selection decisions
• To provide technical and tactical coaching to individual players as appropriate
• To develop well structured training sessions and provide team progressions in all areas of play
• Provide leadership of the team and team management through effective communication
• Attend all training sessions and games
• Sound Technical & Tactical Knowledge
• Enjoy working in a team environment
• Introduce leadership skills to the players
Training and Exhibitions Games TBA, June 6th to July 7th location(s) TBA (training 2-3 times per week TBD). Coaches should be available to prepare and coach these practices and games.
Jr Tide Coaches and Managers will report to the Dir Jr Rugby VIRU, via the South Island Jr Tide Coordinator
The Coach has full control of players at training, game venues
Team Manager has the responsibility for team finances*, registration, setting and collecting fees & dues.
• Meet with relevant VIRU member to plan season, i.e. pre competition activities, trial dates, trainings etc
• Discuss the player selection process with team manager & VIRU representatives
• Along with the manager, set team standard with respect to dress, behaviour, expectations, sponsor obligations.
Interested, qualified coaches should contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone/text: 250 889-8746
Applicants should submit a CV, covering letter with references on or before the closing date of May 20, 2013
Potential candidates will be contacted within one week of the closing date.