The Rockers Rugby Club is an all women's rugby club located in Edmonton, Alberta. Founded in 1977, the club has been a top level contender all through its' history and has now entered a development phase.The Rockers field a senior women's team that play 12 to 14 games per season, and is working to develop a strong Junior program that runs from U8 to U18. The Rockers are well known as a very organized club that emphasizes strong competition and social interaction.
Our club is the oldest female rugby club in Alberta and we are currently seeking a qualified head coach for our women's team for the 2013 season (March-September). The successful applicant will have a strong ability to lead and work with motivated club players and carry a positive attitude.
- The candidate will be responsible for all coaching direction, planning and development for a full season of training.
- The candidate will set direction for practice and strategies that will prepare the team for games.
- Conduct a minimum of two weekly senior team training sessions, in addition to 1-2 games per week (sometimes varies depending on scheduling).
- Planning and executing training sessions in a structured and consistent manner. Team selection in accordance with club’s selection committee/criteria
- A structured approach to the development of the Junior players and "new to the game" players.
- Guidance and development of assistant and junior coach(es) to ensure that training sessions are organized consistently and effectively
- The Senior coach would also offer guidance to the junior program in conjunction with the Junior VP.
- Commit to the development of women's rugby and its players within the Rockers
- Maintaining a high standard of discipline and presentation at all times
- Providing close and regular communications to all players and the Club executive
Reports to: Club President and Club Captain.
The successful applicant will be expected to have:
Knowledge of SAFE rugby
IRB/NCCP level 1
An understanding and knowledge of Rugby, and the current trends in the modern game (including new law variations) An ability to select, direct and coach a senior rugby team. Competency of playing or coaching at a higher level of senior rugby. Experience in working with and developing junior level rugby players. A passion for rugby and the desire to drive the club forward.
The successful candidate will receive a monthly honorarium and Rugby Canada registration.
Honorarium and other benefits are negotiable and depend on coaching experience. Applicants can send their resume or check out our website at www.rockersrugby.com
Deadline for applications is December 31st, 2012.