The British Columbia Rugby Union, the Provincial Sport governing body for the sport of rugby in BC, is seeking a 7s Rugby coach to lead a talented group of young women who will compete at the Las Vegas 7s Invitational Tournament in February 2013. The successful applicant will be knowledgeable about the development of girls and women’s rugby and experienced in skills of coaching 7s Rugby.
The coach will play a key role in implementing a plan for BC Rugby Youth 7s Rugby Pathway. The coach may be expected to be involved in future skill development and talent identification events throughout the year.
DOWNLOAD POSTING (pdf)
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent coaching skills
- Thorough knowledge of the game of rugby
- Introduction to Competition Trained/Certified
- Experience coaching youth 7s Rugby
- Familiarity with high school girls playing rugby in BC schools and club teams
- Desire to participate in future tournaments, courses and workshops for athletes & coaches
- RCMP Criminal Record Check
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- IRB Level One Sevens Coaching
- Ability to assist Girls Rugby Development Officer with talent identification and development of Girls Sevens Rugby in BC
- Experienced in measuring outcomes and implementing player / program tracking.
MUST ATTEND Trial Sessions on:
- December 8 – Vancouver Island
- December 9 – Vancouver
- December 16 – Kamloops
Please submit applications no later than Monday, November 19, 2012, to the attention
Marlene Donaldson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.