VICTORIA , BC - This week's BC Rugby Junior MVP is U15 Oak Bay Castaway Wanderers standout Brandon Shellenberger. A member of the CW juniors program for the past three years, Brandon's favourite part about playing rugby is tackling and the young 14-year-old prides himself on being able to take down much larger opponents.
This past Sunday the Castaway Wanderers U15 team kicked off their 2012-13 season with a 24-7 win over cross-town rivals Velox RFC. Schellenberger was instrumental for the Oak Bay side scoring one of their four tries.
"The Castaway Wanderers would like to nominate Brandon because he epitomizes everything that we have been trying to foster in our Junior program," said U15 CW coach Spencer Robinson. "He works hard, he's humble and he shares his energy and skills with his teammates."
This past summer Brandon excelled at the representative level when he caught the eyes of regional and provincial team selectors. He was a member of the Vancouver Island U14 7s team that captured silver at the BC Summer Games in Surrey, and just two weeks later was a member of BC's U14 entry at the Interprovincial Festival in Ontario.
- Player's name: Brandon Schellenberger
- Player's club: Oak Bay Castaway Wanderers
- Player's division (region / age grade): U15 Boys
- Number of years playing rugby: 3
- Rep rugby experience: Vancouver Island 7s (BC Summer Games), BC U14s
- Favourite part about playing rugby: Tackling
BC Rugby Junior MVP recognition
Throughout the club season BC Rugby will be highlighting one age grade (U19-U14) player every week. To nominate a player for Junior MVP, please send through the following information to Andrew Smith, BC Rugby Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org:
Player photo (No smaller than 150x150 JPEG)
- Player's name:
- Player's club:
- Player's division (region / age grade):
- Number of years junior has been playing rugby:
- Rep rugby experience (regional / provincial / national)?
- Reason for nominating this player? (50-200 wds)
- What is their favourite part about playing rugby?