Posting Date: Sept 14, 2012
Girls Rugby Development Officer [6 month full-time contract]
The British Columbia Rugby Union, the Provincial Sport governing body for the sport of rugby in BC, is seeking a contractor who is passionate and knowledgeable about the development of girls and women’s rugby.
Download the full job description (pdf)
The Girls Rugby Development Officer will ideally have the ability to:
• Activate a plan with Senior Women’s Provincial and National team athletes to support the development of girls’ rugby.
• Lead the activation and player recruitment for girls involved with Academy initiatives.
• Work with the BC Girls High School Rugby Association to assist in their growth, including the integration of the Provincial 7s Championship.
• Serve as team manager for any Girls 7s Provincial team tours.
• Take inventory of club programs, establish and activate a plan to integrate school programs with club offerings and BC Rugby leagues.
• Be creative in forming opportunity to promote girls rugby in British Columbia.
• Organize courses, clinics, workshops for athletes and coaches.
• Be experienced in measuring outcomes and implementing player / program tracking.
• Assist with BC Rugby programs as requested.
Location: the contractor must have the ability to meet with staff in Vancouver on a regular basis.
Term: initial contract is for 6-months with potential to extend depending on success.
Compensation: the contractor will be compensated at a monthly rate ranging from $3,200 to $3,600.
Applications: Please submit applications no later than Friday, September 28th, 2012, to the attention
Dave Brown via email at email@example.com.
No phone calls please! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.