The Velox Valhallians Rugby Club is currently seeking applications for the position of head coach for the Menís Premier team for the 2012/2013 season.
Velox is a member of the British Columbia Rugby Union and located in Victoria on Vancouver Island. The club has three menís teams and two womenís teams; the womenís Premier team won the BC Provincial championship in 2012 and features several Canadian national team players. Velox has a strong junior program which is integral to our long term success. The menís Premier team were relegated to Tier 2 in 2011 and failed to gain promotion to Premier in the 2011/2012 season. We are looking for a coach who is capable of raising the playing level and guiding the menís 1st team to the Tier 2 championship and thereby gain promotion back to the Premier Division during the 2012/2013 season.
- Head the recruiting committee to identify and recruit high calibre players from across Canada and internationally
- Develop working relationships with key Provincial and National Team coaches and selectors
- Identify players with provincial and national team potential and plan their career development pathways
- Work with Junior coaches to identify and promote top players to Senior level when possible
- Plan and execute training sessions twice per week
- Game preparation for weekly games
- Manage Senior menís teams on game day (Division One and Two)
- Delegate coaching for Division Two team and oversee progress
- Communication with Senior Menís players and the Executive
- Completion of NCCP Coaching (or equivalent), preferably Level 2 or higher
- Sound technical knowledge of the game
- Excellent communication skills
This position will suit a results oriented person, even though process is important, the coach will be evaluated on results. Remuneration will be discussed based on experience.
The coaching committee will make its selection by June 30th 2012.
Please send resumes to Phil Erb at firstname.lastname@example.org