VIRU Junior Tide Rugby seeks coaches to assist in preparing South Island representative U16 & U18 Junior Boys Rugby team(s) for the Provincial Regional Championships (PRC’s) to be held at UBC, July 6-8. Training will commence late May (TBC) or early June through to mid July with a possibility of additional representative games v incoming touring clubs through the summer.
Primary Objectives Key Result Areas
1. Ensure the safety and welfare of all players
2. To produce successful junior rugby teams through using your coaching skills to develop and enhance the rugby skills of those players under your control.
3. To instil “Pride in the Tide” through high team performance at all levels.
Applicants must meet the following mandatory criteria:
· Completion of the BCRU “Safe Rugby Program”.
· At a Minimum the NCCP, “Introduction to Competition” certified or willing to work toward certification prior to June 1st 2012.
· Completion of the “Making Ethical Decisions” (on-line examination to be completed before commencement of the season.
· Experience and understanding of youth skill & development coaching of youth/junior age groups at the competitive level.
· Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
· Develop well structured training sessions and provide team progressions in all areas of play
· Evidence of Leadership / People Management skills and the ability to work with others
· Desire to achieve a high standard of excellence.
· Will provide a comprehensive / transparent player selection policy and plan with explanation of selection decisions if requested.
· Attend all training sessions, games and the PRC’s
· Successful candidates will be asked to provide a Criminal records Check
Additional Coaching duties / expectations:
· Assist in the identification of athletes with potential through attendance at the (South Island) BC High School Rugby League games
· Provide technical and tactical coaching feedback to players on areas of improvement on a regular and timely basis,
· Have an understanding of the modern game and current trends in training
· Demonstrate values and behaviours that fit with the VIRU’s vision and ethos
· Maintain squad and team discipline on and off the field to the highest standards and administer the approved disciplinary procedures for players
· Introduce leadership skills to the players
Final selections of players for these teams will be held after the High School Provincials – dates and location(s) to be determined.
Victoria area Location(s) to be confirmed – (training 2-3 times per week TBD). Coaches should be available to prepare and coach these games.
2012 Provincial Regional Championships (PRCs) Wolfson Fields, UBC – Friday, July 6th, 7th & 8th.
· Coach has full control of players at training and game venues
· The U16 & 18 coaches & managers will report to the VIRU board.
Successful candidates will meet with relevant VIRU member to;
· Ensure all roles and responsibilities are clear and understood,
· Discuss the player selection process with team manger(s) & VIRU representatives
· With team manager(s), arrange for all pre competition activities, trial dates, trainings etc. and what assistance is needed – i.e. Physiotherapists, specialised training.
· Along with the manager(s), set team standard with respect to dress, behaviour, expectations, sponsor obligations.
To apply for this position please Contact or send your CV and cover letter directly to:
Mark Pratt at email@example.com Noel Hallnoelhall@shaw.ca
Applicants should submit a CV, covering letter with 2 references on or before the closing date of May 16, 2012
Potential candidates will be contacted within one weeks of the closing date.