Introduction to Competition Course – Vancouver Region
note: the first session will be held Monday, October 24th
Vancouver, BC – BC Rugby is pleased to present the ‘Introduction to Competition Course’ to the Vancouver region. The purpose of this course is to provide competitive coaches with the necessary training and education to effectively develop Training to Train, and Training to Compete athletes in high school and club rugby in Canada.
The course model consists of 18 hours of training and will be delivered over a four-week period starting October 24th. Locations for the remaining sessions will be determined after the first Monday session. The first session will be held in the Board Room on the second floor of 210 West Broadway, Vancouver.
The course fee is $224.00 ($200 + HST) and is payable to BC Rugby.
Coaching criteria required:
- Currently coaching high school and/or club rugby players in Canada
- Desire to coach contact rugby
- Some knowledge of the game of rugby is strongly recommended
Coaches completing the course will be:
- Trained in athlete development processes in “Training to Train” and “Train to Compete” stages
- Trained in Making Ethical Decisions
- Trained in Planning to Practice
- Trained in Providing Support to Athletes in Training (Confidence in Contact and Safety in Rugby)
- Trained in Analyzing Performance
- Trained in Game Understanding at an intermediate level (individual and unit skills, strategies and Tactics)
For further information please contact Laura MacKay: email@example.com