World Rugby Level 1 – Coaching Sevens
This course is designed to enable coaches to acquire basic skills so that players new to the game learn to play safely, with enjoyable competition. It is an 8 hour Trained Only course with no post-course evaluation.
The presence of sport in a person’s life carries enormous benefits for social, physical and personal development while broadening cultural awareness. Rugby is a uniquely inclusive sport, and you as the coach hold a position of genuine influence over a player’s rate of personal development and their sense of community and self-worth.
To register for this course, all participants must complete the following:
- Register as a coach with training.rugbycanada.ca
- Select the NCCP Community Initiation Course option
- Complete the following World Rugby Certificates at passport.worldrugby.org
- World Rugby Rugby Ready online module
- World Rugby Concussion Management module (FOR GENERAL PUBLIC)
- Save your World Rugby certificates to your computer as a PDFs
- Return to your profile at training.rugbycanada.ca and upload both certificates to your profile
- Register for the clinic you wish to take
For more information on the course or how to register, contact Dean Murten – firstname.lastname@example.org