The Nomination Process
Who can nominate? – Any registered participant, club member or member of the British Columbia Rugby Union may nominate an individual for selection into the British Columbia Rugby Union Hall of Fame.
How long is a nomination valid? – Each nomination will be considered by the Selection Committee for three consecutive years and if the nominee is not inducted during that time a Nomination Form can be re-submitted.
What do I need to make a nomination? – As a minimum, you need to provide a name, email address and phone number for your nominated party, along with a description on why the individual/team should be considered. Don’t assume that the Selection Committee knows details about your nominated party, we highly recommend you make this as detailed as possible and provide additional supporting material.
What sort of support material should I include? – Nominations are encouraged to include a variety of supporting material illustrating the contributions a nominated party has made to the sport, such as:
- A comprehensive record of dates and years of involvement with club(s), region, province, and/or national team.
- Number of appearances for British Columbia and or Canada
- For teams, a full list of players with as many contact details (phone/email) as possible
- Details of awards won
- Scanned or original newspaper or magazine clippings
- Links to online articles, photographs, videos etc.
- Letters of endorsement from significant organizations
What’s the current deadline for nominations? – For consideration for the 2018 Hall of Fame Dinner, nominations must be submitted by November 17, 2017.